The Sentry Longitudinal Energy Dissipater (SLED) is a narrow, non-redirective gating crash cushion. SLED is designed to shield the end of all permanent and temporary portable barrier shapes including concrete, steel and plastic. SLED’s unique design incorporates four internal steel cables which help envelop the impacting vehicle, reducing the possibility of secondary accidents. The SLED End Treatment does not require foundation anchor bolts to be attached to the road or bridge deck. The complete crash cushion
can be installed quickly, with as little as one pick up truck and two workers on compacted dirt, gravel, decomposed granite, asphalt or concrete.
Each SLED module is manufactured from a highly visible yellow polyethylene that is UV-stabalized to minimize degradation. It is designed to deform and rupture on impact, absorbing the energy of the errant vehicle. SLED has the most versatile transition for shielding all permanent and temporary portable barriers. The combination of hinging and contouring, allows the transition panels of the SLED End Treatment to be attached to narrow, wide or other profile shapes with either converging, or diverging angles, up to 10 degrees.
• NCHRP 350 TL-3 Tested – Accepted for use on the National Highway System as a TL-3, Gating Crash Cushion, CC-114.
• Overall TL-3 array length is 26 ft (7.92m).
• Attaches to various barrier shapes made of concrete, steel, or plastic.
• Does not require any external steel for module assembly.
• Rotational molded from plastic,modules are manufactured from specially formed material designed to be durable when handled and attenuate when impacted.
• Designed for use in uni– or bi-directional traffic flow applications
Width: 22 1⁄2” [571 mm] Height: 42-11/16” [1084 mm] Length 75-3/4” [1924 mm] pin to pin
Empty Weight: 160 lbs [73 kg] Filled Weight: 2000 lbs [907 kg]
Volume: 220 Gal [832 L]