Shipping and Receiving Clerk
A Shipping/Receiving Clerk is responsible for preparing outgoing shipments and receiving incoming shipments. Their duties include organizing inventory for easy retrieval as new orders come in, reviewing incoming and outgoing shipment schedules to maintain productive operations and documenting damages to inventory. Operating warehouse equipment like scales, or forklifts. Other tasks may include but are not limited to the following.
- Obtain and process product orders, including receiving deliveries, registering them, and distributing packages and letters within the company
- Maintain the company stockroom through organizing, cleaning, and cataloging items on a regular basis
- Schedule large shipments and plan logistics to ensure that there is sufficient storage space for incoming items and staff on hand to manage the shipments
- Keep files of goods shipped and received by preparing regular shipping and receiving reports for managers.
- Handle issues arising in shipping or inventory handling
- Ensure adherence to environmental management and systems
- Trouble shoots shipping issues and customer complaints that arise and work to solve them
- Place merchandise in a warehouse or storage facility by packaging, lifting items as necessary, operating forklifts and pallet jacks for large goods
Why choose Traffic Safety Supply Company?
- We offer a competitive wage and benefits package!
- You get to have every other Monday off – yes, a three-day weekend every other week!
- Company paid medical and dental insurance for you and your family!
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- You will get to work with knowledgeable and supportive team members and your training period is paid!
- This is a full-time position, working regular business hours, Monday through Friday.
What we are looking for:
- Growth mindset.
- Integrity and leadership skills.
- History of being reliable and dependable.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team; self-motivated.
- Basic administrative skills; typing, filing, customer service, completing paperwork, et
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and be comfortable completing different tasks on a frequent basis.
- Great communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/equivalent, or a comparable combination of education, training, and experience (preferred)
- Ability to read/write simple instructions and communicate effectively with team members.
- Knowledge of basic math and measurements.
- Talking, standing, walking, sitting, crouching, crawling, kneeling, and/or climbing stairs. Reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling, using hands to feel or handle objects, tools or controls.
- Vision abilities include; close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate tools, various pieces of equipment.
- Some exposure to noise, and dust.
- May frequently lift and/or move items between 10 and 50 pounds.
We are looking forward to hearing from you! To learn more about us, please visit our website at https://www.tssco.com
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Starting range $17-19 D.O. E.