Manufacturing/Production Associate (Part-time and Full-time)
Traffic Safety Supply Company – Our products help save lives!
Traffic Safety Supply Company, have been “on the road” since 1956. We got our first start in sign-making, quickly growing our business, eventually carrying thousands of products. Our breadth of products have been widely used in traffic projects throughout Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Idaho.
Here are some of the responsibilities of the position(s):
- Will perform daily duties that include but are not limited to, sign manufacturing, maintenance of equipment and tools, clean-up and other production duties.
- Handle assignments in a repetitive and/or sequential order for completing jobs and projects.
- Must help to ensure the timely completion of jobs and projects.
- Opportunities to be cross trained throughout the production process and advancement potential.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Creates, maintains, and promotes documentation of processes.
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by plant management.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package for full-time employees!
Full-time Employee Benefits
- You get to have every other Monday off – yes, a three-day weekend every other week!
- Company paid medical and dental insurance for you and your family!
- Company paid Short Term- and Long-Term Disability insurance.
- Paid community service day!
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- You will get to work with knowledgeable and supportive team members and your training period is paid!
- This is a full-time position, working regular business hours, Monday through Friday.
What we are looking for:
- History of being reliable and dependable.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team; self-motivated.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and be comfortable completing different tasks on a frequent basis.
- Great communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/equivalent, or a comparable combination of education, training, and experience (preferred)
- Ability to read/write simple instructions and communicate effectively with team members.
- Knowledge of basic math and measurements.
- “Lean Manufacturing” experience a plus!
- Talking, standing, walking, sitting, crouching, crawling, kneeling, and/or climbing stairs. Reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling, using hands to feel or handle objects, tools or controls.
- Vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate tools, various pieces of equipment.
- Some exposure to noise, and dust.
- May frequently lift and/or move items between 10 and 50 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.