Customer Service Representative
Traffic Safety Supply Company – Our products help save lives!
Ever wonder where all the traffic and huge freeway signs come from?
Traffic Safety Supply Company has been ‘on the road’ since 1956. We got our first start in sign-making, quickly growing our business, eventually carrying thousands of products. Our breadth of products has been widely used in traffic projects throughout Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Idaho.
We are looking for representatives who want to take an active part in shaping and improving the environment they work in. We believe that it takes input from our entire team to make this company great. If you would like to participate in an environment that respects and cultivates your thoughts, this is the company for you!
Each day we spend up to an hour organizing, standardizing, cleaning, and learning about how we can reduce our struggles. We respect each other and look for associates who want to grow in their abilities and in turn, their income!
Are you looking for an opportunity that offers a steady schedule, paid training, Company paid medical and a three-day weekend every other week? We are looking to add Customer Service Representative to our growing team.
This position is primarily responsible for sales and sales-order entry. Here is a little bit of info about the job:
• Proactively engage customers on the phone to understand and provide needs-based sales solutions.
• Provide technical input to the client regarding signage requirements.
• Develop bid proposals for products.
• Compute price and shipping charges associated with the bid proposal.
• Ensures the client has included the parts required to complete the process and is submitted in the sales/purchase
• Reviews and inputs order into the ERP system. Ensure accuracy when entering sales order, shipping and invoicing
data into the ERP system.
• Follows up with client concerning pricing and expected delivery date.
• Interfaces with purchasing, production, sales, shipping, warehouse and carrier to ensure deliveries are met.
Why choose Traffic Safety Supply Company?
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package!
• You get to have every other Monday off – yes, a three-day weekend every other week!
• Company paid medical and dental insurance for you and your family!
• Company paid short- and long-term disability insurance.
• Paid community service day!
• 401k and profit sharing.
• Paid vacation and personal time off.
• You will get to work with knowledgeable and supportive team members and your training period is paid!
• This is a full-time position, working regular business hours, Monday through Friday.
• No cold calling.
What we are looking for:
• Strong customer service and relationship skills.
• Ability to “multi-task” in a busy sales office is essential.
• Problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Strong follow through.
• History of being reliable and dependable.
• Ability to work autonomously, and as a team; self-motivated.
• Great communication skills; both verbal and written.
• Computer savvy.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
• Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
• Basic math skills: (Required)
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.